Sunday, January 23, 2011

Visions

I have lots and lots of ideas dancing in my head for candy buffets. Of course, when working with a client, they have their ideas and visions too that I need to build on to make sure it comes to be exactly what they had in mind, even if they weren't sure what it was all going to look like at the end!

After a meeting with one of my clients so that she could get a little bit of the look and feel I was working on, we started discussing how to find the things that you need for the buffet. Of course, I have my favorites, but I honestly believe that you have to really put yourself in the clients shoes, know what they want or are looking for. I encourage them to put bits of themselves into the buffet as well.. a favorite photo, a favorite item, etc, etc.

So, when checking out at the local craft store, the cashier asked me if I found everything I needed. I told her no, but thank you. My visions require quite a bit of looking in the not so obvious places. :)

Have a vision...and go for what you want. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment